Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Our Business Partner

"God is a wonderful partner, isn't he? He is wonderful. My, how I would like to have a partner like him in life. I would like to be in business with somebody like him, have my partner come up to me and say, "Here, I'll furnish all the capital to start the business. I will furnish all the blessings. Then, you look after the business. Don't forget me. When the increase comes, you keep ninety percent, turn over to me ten percent. You use your ninety percent any way you want to, and I'll put my ten percent right back into the business." My, wouldn't that be wonderful?; That's just the kind of partner we have in this Church. We keep the ninety percent and use it anyway we wish, sometimes to our destruction. We give him the ten percent, and here stands a temple; here stands a tabernacle. He puts it all right back into the business, into his business. God will finance this Church, brothers and sisters, if you will obey the principles of the gospel."

Matthew Cowley Speaks (Deseret Book Co., 1971), p. 77.

No comments:

Post a Comment